She has extensive experience providing counsel on complex strategic corporate and financial public relations matters, including shareholder activism and corporate governance, crisis communications, cyber security, litigation and regulatory support, and M&A.
Lissa has over 30 years’ experience providing strategic counsel to the highest levels of senior management and boards of directors to support their communications planning and execution. Working closely with internal teams during sometimes decades-long engagements, Lissa has successfully guided hundreds of clients through both day-to-day communications issues and a broad array of complex, sensitive reputational challenges and special situations. She has advised numerous companies and institutions on matters related to shareholder activism and corporate governance, crisis communications, cyber security, litigation and regulatory support, and M&A.
Prior to her time at Kekst CNC, Lissa was a practicing attorney in New Haven, Connecticut. She also held media-related positions on several political campaigns.
Lissa is a graduate of Yale University and the University of Connecticut School of Law. In addition to her Kekst CNC responsibilities, Lissa serves on the Board of Prep for Prep.
Recent and notable representative experience
Shareholder Activism and Corporate Governance
• Devised communications strategies related to private and public engagement with activist funds, including successful outcomes in several of the most visible proxy fights in history. Most recently led teams representing companies in the automotive, healthcare, consumer products, financial services and other industries in connection with engagement and preparation for engagement with activist hedge funds.
• Advised numerous boards of directors regarding sensitive leadership transitions, internal investigations, and contested proxy related matters, including resolutions to combine chairman and CEO positions and various Say on Pay challenges.
• Developed communications plans for clients facing federal and state inquiries, regulatory investigations and settlements, often involving the: SEC, DOJ, FDA, EPA, FDIC, OCC, as well as multiple State Attorneys General, involving companies in the financial services, health care, technology, and aerospace industries.
• Advised numerous companies with respect to racial and gender based employee discrimination, insider trading, mass tort, and securities related class action litigation and settlements.
Crisis and Issues Management
• Coordinated crisis planning and response for numerous companies relating to major industrial accidents involving multiple fatalities and injuries; founder or senior leader misconduct; indictments and arrests product recalls and failures; and massive systemic fraud.
• Developed crisis scenario planning exercises for multiple companies in a wide range of industries.
• Advised dozens of companies on highly complex mergers and acquisitions, both friendly and contested.