Christoph GottschalkPartner, Head of the Kekst CNC Berlin Office
He specializes in geopolitical advisory services.
Christoph has vast and varied international consultancy experience combining politics, business, culture and media. He was the German Advisor to the French Prime Minister and his responsibilities included Franco-German relations, bilateral meetings, domestic and European policy analyses, and speech writing. In 2007, he joined the leading international executive search consultancy Russell Reynolds Associates, whose Hamburg office he led from 2012 onwards. He specialized in global senior executive search assignments in the areas of nonprofit, global development, government affairs, corporate communications, public policy, public sector and media. He is a member of the Board of Trustees at the Übersee-Club in Hamburg, as well as being on the Advisory Boards of both the Hamburg Symphony Orchestra and the Bucerius Law School. Earlier in his career, he served in senior project management and advisor roles in several nonprofit organizations. Christoph brings experience from working with the TV channel ZDF, the German Opera in Berlin and a Member of the European Parliament. He was President and Chairman of the European Youth Parliament and organised high-profile international conferences for various non-governmental organisations. He also chaired several political debates, including a TV debate between Chancellor Gerhard Schröder and President Jacques Chirac.
Q&A with Christoph
Describe yourself in three words
- Empathetic. Critical. Curious.
What advice do you have for aspiring Communications professionals?
- Listening is key. Learn how to ask the right questions. Be intellectually curious. Read. And bear in mind that meaningful, reliable and trustworthy relationships are built over time, offline.
What are you passionate about?
- At Kekst CNC, I am passionate about accompanying leaders in difficult and often lonely crisis situations and to offer them orientation through the right questions and advice.
What do you like most about Kekst CNC?
- Kekst CNC is a truly international and interdisciplinary strategic consultancy with fascinating personalities who really understand how to be a value-based trusted adviser at the highest level.
Who is the most impressive speaker you’ve ever heard?
- I will never forget the sound and vision of Senator Barack Obama in Berlin 2008 at the Siegessäule in front of 200.000 people a few months before the presidential elections.