She has deep experience supporting diverse clients (from Fortune 100 to VC) in matters such as reputation/crisis management, corporate transformation, financial communications, and litigation.
Lindsay Gross is a Principal in the New York office of Kekst CNC. She has deep experience supporting both privately held and public companies across virtually all industries, with particular expertise in consumer products, financial services, manufacturing, and technology.
Lindsay frequently works on matters involving reputation and crisis management, corporate transformation, financial communications and investor relations, complex transaction work, litigation/regulatory issues, and employee relations/change management. She also specializes in strategic media relations, leveraging her strong media relationships to proactively shape coverage on behalf of clients. She regularly trains CEOs and other leaders for high-stakes media and investor engagements.
Before joining Kekst CNC, Lindsay served as a Senior Manager at Weber Shandwick, where she spent six years as part of the Corp. Issues & Financial Communication and Media practices.
Lindsay holds a B.S. in Communication Studies from Boston University and an M.S. in Corporate and Organizational Communication, magna cum laude, from New York University.
Recent and notable representative experience
Crisis and Issues Management
- Advised multiple companies on their response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including global, national, and regional corporate strategies, earnings, and direct communications to investors, employees, customers, media, and other stakeholders.
- Supported boards of directors in multiple CEO and CFO transitions, working on-site in war rooms, advising on stakeholder communications, and managing media relations.
- Advised on employee issues, such as layoffs, furloughs, product recalls, factory closures, and jobs being relocated internationally; assisted with announcement and change management communications.
- Supported a high-stakes communications effort around the malfunction and subsequent rebuild of a company’s operating infrastructure in the face of significant industry/trade association and customer backlash.
- Advised on an ingredient investigation by the FDA, including how to manage vocal industry, trade, and consumer stakeholders.
- Significant experience in public and private shareholder activist situations.
- Supported several of the most high-profile IPOs and spinoffs in recent years, including the second largest life sciences IPO in history.
- Frequently provided counsel, materials creation and media relations support on various M&A transactions as well as specialized transactions, such as SPAC deals, downstream mergers, mergers-of-equals.
- Provided corporate positioning and messaging counsel around a lengthy, high-stakes short-seller attack.
- Drafted or contributed to quarterly earnings materials on behalf of several clients (script, press release, Q&A, investor messaging, etc.).
Media Relations & Executive Trainings
- Routinely train C-suite and other executives to present to investors and engage with both print and broadcast media.
- Have developed and presented live simulation trainings tailored to specific issues and crises where executives are challenged to deliver tough, timely information to diverse stakeholders.
- Regularly prepare C-suite executives for earnings call Q&A and media interviews.
- Close relationships with top-tier and industry specific media; frequently facilitate and shape the outcome of media placements, secure executive interviews, serve as client spokesperson as warranted.