He also serves as the Chief of Staff to Co-CEO Jeremy Fielding.
Nathan has nearly a decade of experience advising public and private organizations across industries on strategic and financial communications matters. He also serves as the Chief of Staff to co-CEO Jeremy Fielding.
In addition to supporting clients in their ongoing strategic communications and investor relations efforts, Nathan has significant experience advising clients on M&A, shareholder activism and corporate governance, litigation and regulatory support, and crisis communications.
Nathan holds a BA in English and Politics from the University of Virginia and an MBA from Columbia Business School. He was named one of the 12 “Rising Stars” in PR by the New York Observer in 2016.
Recent and notable representative experience
- Celgene in its $74 billion sale to Bristol-Myers Squibb; UNFI in its $2.9 billion acquisition of SUPERVALU; Wabtec in its $11 billion merger with GE Transportation; Avista in its sale to Hydro One for $5.3 billion; Cardinal Health on its $6.1 billion acquisition of Medtronic’s patient recovery business; Avantor in its $6.5 billion acquisition of VWR; Rowan in a Joint Venture with Saudi Aramco; Baxalta, first in defense against a hostile takeover proposal and ultimately in its $32 billion merger with Shire and subsequent integration process; both QLT and Aegerion in a merger of equals; Piedmont Natural Gas in its $6.7 billion sale to Duke Energy; EMC Corp on its $67 billion sale to Michael Dell, MSD Partners and Silver Lake; Freescale in its $40 billion merger with NXP; Horizon Pharma on its $2.5 billion unsolicited proposal for Depomed and other platform acquisitions; Specialty pharmaceutical company on a host of transformative acquisitions in excess of $8 billion.
Shareholder Activism and Corporate Governance
- He has advised on numerous public and private activist situations, helping companies prepare for potential activism and defend against shareholder activists. Notable public assignments include: SeaWorld (Luma and Hill Path); Progress Software (Praesidium Investment Management); Alexion (Elliott); Yahoo (Third Point); and Fortune Brands (Pershing Square).
- Counseled a range of companies across industries on strategic communications, and supported execution of communications activities, around complex regulatory matters involving the DOJ, FTC, SEC, DEA, FDA, and FINRA.
- Advised members of senior management in advance of congressional hearings.
Crisis and Issues Management
- Worked with boards and leadership teams of a number of major, publicly-traded companies to announce CEO and other senior-level management transitions.
- Extensive work with parties throughout the healthcare supply chain on issues relating to the opioid crisis.
- Provided communications counsel to the administrations of numerous private high schools and colleges on a wide range of external and internal communications challenges and special situations.
- Assisted clients across industries in the development of crisis communications plans and related training programs.