Jeremy FieldingCo-Chief Executive Officer, Partner
He is a trusted partner to senior management, boards, and communications teams for global companies, advising them on their communications challenges as they grow and transform their businesses, or protect their reputations.
Jeremy has over 20 years of experience in advising clients on a variety of special situations, and is a trusted partner to senior management, boards, and communications teams for global companies, advising them on their communications challenges as they grow and transform their businesses, or protect their reputations.
Jeremy provides strategic guidance and communications counsel to boards of directors and management teams of U.S. and international public companies and private institutions across industries. For 20 years, he has advised clients on their most pressing and high-profile communications initiatives, including strategic challenges and opportunities. His client engagements span a wide range of special situations, as well as ongoing strategic positioning and investor relations activities. Jeremy has significant experience advising clients on crisis communications; Bankruptcy & Restructurings; M&A; Litigation and regulatory support; and Alternative Investments, among other matters.
In addition to his experience at Kekst CNC, Jeremy spent a year (2009-2010) as partner at Finsbury Group. He is President of Central Synagogue and serves on the Board of Directors of Lawyers for Children. Jeremy holds a BA in International History and Politics, with Honors, from the University of Leeds, an M.S. in Foreign Service from Georgetown University, and a Ph.D. in History from Yale University.
Recent and Notable Relevant Experience
Crisis and Issues Management
• Leads Kekst teams advising on cybersecurity and data breach incidents, including with leading retailers, an online travel group, a tax preparation company, a national restaurant group, and a software provider, among others.
• Provides counsel on managing issues related to product quality, recalls, and consumer-related concerns for numerous public and private companies.
• Worked with global automobile manufacturer on a global crisis situation involving customers, employees, regulators, and the media, among others.
• Supports change management programs, including executive transitions and successions, reductions in force, consolidations of businesses, and operational improvements.
• Works with the special committees of boards at companies and organizations, resulting in management changes, litigation, and engagement with regulators or law enforcement authorities.
• Organizes and facilitates bespoke crisis simulations for boards, senior management teams, and communications staffs.
Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency
• Worked with clients including Peabody Energy, CGG, Payless Shoe Source, and Nine West on their Chapter 11 restructurings.
• Counseled a major international media operation on its wind-down of its North American operations.
• Advised Baha Mar and Northshore Mainland Service’s multi-jurisdictional restructuring under Chapter 11 and in The Bahamas.
• Led communications around the world for Kodak’s Chapter 11 filing and subsequent emergence.
• Counseled Border’s on its Chapter 11 filing.
• Represented Delta in its Chapter 11 filing and subsequent successful defense against US Airways’ unsolicited takeover offer.
• Advised creditors in numerous situations including Lightsquared, Hostess, Blockbusters and key municipal restructurings in Detroit, Stockton, Jefferson County, Al., as well as Puerto Rico.
- Jeremy has represented numerous companies in a wide variety of strategic transactions – including friendly and unsolicited mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, and spin-offs. He has led teams providing transactional communications support at every stage of the transaction from preparation through announcement, post-announcement change management through transaction completion and subsequent post-merger integration activities.
- Representative transactions include Linde in its merger with Praxair; Avantor on its take private of VWR and related debt financing package; Mead Johnson Nutrition on its sale to Reckitt Benckiser Group; Coca-Cola Enterprises in its multi-party merger to create a new European anchor bottling partner for Coca-Cola; Hudson’s Bay Company (HBC) in its purchase of Galeria Kaufhof, Germany’s leading department store business; General Electric in its proposed acquisition of the Power and Grid businesses of Alstom; Succocitrico Cutrale and Safra Group in their successful unsolicited acquisition of Chiquita; Grupo Televisa in its strategic investment in Univision and subsequent related capital markets activities.
• Working with clients on a variety of federal, state and international regulatory investigations, actions, and resolutions.
• Led global communications for multi-jurisdictional commercial litigation involving the global art market.
• Supported communications for one of the largest food and beverage companies regarding a class action racial discrimination lawsuit and settlement, as well as shareholder litigation.
• Represented a global consumer products company in a DOJ investigation following whistleblower allegations.
• Advised a leading healthcare insurance company in extensive investigations by, and settlements with, multiple state regulators.
• Represented numerous companies in Alien Tort Claims Act and environmental litigation.
• Provided strategic counsel on high-profile litigation between companies, including breach of commercial contracts, intellectual property, and trade secrets.
• Represented Corsair Capital on its strategic positioning and investment transactions, including First Eagle Investment Management, Williams & Glynn in the U.K., and Kyobo Life in Korea, among others.
• Works with several distressed debt investment firms, including on numerous assignments related to restructuring and litigation situations.
• Represents Oak Hill Capital Partners on corporate matters, as well as transactions and special situations involving portfolio companies.
• Supports numerous hedge funds in terms of fund formation, investor relations, and specific investments.
• Counsels investment firms on litigation related to insider trading, lending obligations, breach of contract, and tortious interference.