She has significant experience in the areas of M&A, shareholder activism and corporate governance, and crisis communications.
Anntal advises publicly traded and privately held companies on complex and high-profile corporate and financial public relations matters, helping them to capitalize on strategic positioning opportunities and to address communications challenges. As part of this work, she supports clients on a range of special situations through the development of tailored strategies and communications materials to effectively reach key audiences, including investors, employees, and customers, among others.
She works with companies across industries – spanning retail, healthcare, media, agriculture, and industrials, among others – and has developed significant experience in the areas of mergers & acquisition, shareholder activism and corporate governance, and crisis communications.
Prior to joining Kekst CNC, Anntal was a member of the Alternative Capital Markets team within Goldman Sachs’ Investment Management Division, where she was responsible for marketing the firm’s alternative investments to institutions and high net worth individuals.
She was named one of the top 10 “PR Rising Stars, and All Stars” by the New York Observer in 2015.
Anntal holds a B.S.F.S. in International Politics from Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service. She is fluent in French.
Recent and Notable Relevant Experience
- Represented companies in numerous transactions – ranging from mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures to spin-offs – and supported communications activities at all stages of the deal process – including announcement, regulatory approvals and other milestones to closing, transaction close, and subsequent integration or transition periods. She has worked on deals across a range of industries, including retail, healthcare, media, airlines, energy, chemicals and agriculture.
- Notable transactions include the merger of Dow and DuPont, Hudson’s Bay Company’s acquisition of Kaufhof (Germany's leading department store), Cardinal Health’s acquisition of Medtronic’s patient recovery business, the divestiture of Johnson & Johnson’s Cordis and Ortho Clinical Diagnostics businesses, PPL’s spin-off of its competitive energy business, DuPont’s spin-off of its Chemours business, the sale of Forbes Media to a Hong Kong-based investment group, and American Airlines’ merger with U.S. Airways.
Shareholder Activism and Corporate Governance
- Works with companies across industries on activism and takeover preparedness planning.
- Represented numerous companies privately engaging with, or publicly targeted by, high-profile activist shareholders – including DuPont against Trian Partners in one of the largest proxy contests to date.
Crisis and Issues Management
- Advised clients in various sectors on a range of special situations spanning cybersecurity and data breaches, litigation, regulatory inquiries, targeted NGO campaigns, and consumer-related social media matters, among other issues.
- Supported comprehensive change management programs, including around leadership successions, workforce reductions, business integrations and consolidations, and operational wind-downs.
- Assisted clients in establishing customized crisis communications plans and processes within their organizations – including outlining detailed crisis communications protocols, developing materials for specific scenarios tailored to each company’s industry and vulnerabilities, and facilitating bespoke crisis simulations.
- Supports communications activities in North America for LVMH, the world’s leading luxury goods group, including all media relations at the Group level and a variety of public relations matters for its 70 brands.
- Assisted in the development and rollout of corporate communications initiatives for other fashion and retail companies including Hudson’s Bay Company, Abercrombie & Fitch, Toys R Us, Lowe’s, and ELOQUII.