She has extensive experience in matters related to M&A, specialized investor relations, litigation, and crisis communications.
Liz provides clients with a wide range of corporate communications counsel and support on complex business issues, as well as with respect to protecting and enhancing their overall reputations. She has extensive experience in matters related to M&A; specialized investor relations; litigation; and crisis communications.
Prior to joining Kekst CNC, Liz was Executive Vice President and Head of the financial communications Team at Weber Shandwick, and before that was a Director of investor relations at Taylor Rafferty. Prior to her career in strategic communications, Liz was an investment banker at Citi in New York.
Liz holds a BA in Foreign Affairs from the University of Virginia and an MBA in Finance from New York University.
Recent and Notable Relevant Experience
- Newell Rubbermaid and Jarden Corporation on their $15 billion combination; Capgemini and IGATE Corporation on IGATE’s acquisition of Capgemini for $4 billion; Campbell Soup on its $5 billion acquisition of Snyder’s-Lance; Staples on its $6.9 billion sale (take private) transaction with Sycamore Partners; WebMD on its $2.8 billion sale to KKR’s Internet Brands.
Strategic Counsel and Financial Communications
- Advised numerous companies on earnings misses.
- Advised multiple clients on messaging following a business transformation.
- Counseled clients on the development of their investor relations programs, including investor days.
- Advised numerous companies across a variety of sectors on their chapter 11 filings and emergence from the restructuring as a going concern.
- Advised an electronics company in its trademark litigation against one of the largest technology companies in the word, resulting in a $60 million settlement.
- Advised a large technology services company on a shareholder class-action lawsuit, following the board of directors’ termination of the CEO for cause.
- Advised a high-profile retail/apparel company on more than a dozen lawsuits from both the former CEO and founder as well as multiple former employees.
Crisis and Issues Management
- Provided counsel to a consumer/retail company on a union issue and numerous NLRB complaints.
- Advised a technology company on multiple accusations of sexual harassment.
- Advised a large pipeline company on numerous oil spills.
- Provided counsel to numerous multi-national companies on environmental issues both in the U.S. and internationally.
- Advised numerous consumer products companies in connection with product recalls.