Throughout her career, Kerry has led communications strategies for publicly traded, privately held, and early-stage companies spanning diverse industries through IPOs, M&A transactions, corporate rebrands, and product launches. Kerry also develops and executes media and visibility campaigns to build and protect reputations as well as raise executive and company profiles.
Kerry has more than 20 years of experience advising clients across industries on executive positioning and transitions, corporate communications, change management, crisis communications and reputational challenges as well as transaction and IPO-related communications.
In addition to her experience at Kekst CNC, Kerry was the Vice President of External Communications at Change Healthcare, a healthcare technology company headquartered in Nashville, where she spearheaded the firm’s pre-, during, and post-IPO communications strategy. She also built and oversaw the company’s external communications function. Prior to that, Kerry served as a Managing Director and Head of the Media Resources Group at FTI Consulting. During her ten-plus years at FTI, she worked extensively on mandates across industries and groups in areas such as reputation management, executive profile raising, C-suite media training, and media relations, while also spending time in FTI’s technology, energy, and financial services groups.
Kerry holds a B.A. English and Art History from Assumption College and an M.A. in Writing and Publishing from Emerson College. She is based in the greater Boston area and reports to the New York office.
Recent and Notable Relevant Experience
- Led communications for 22 IPOs on both the NYSE and NASDAQ exchanges, including Avolon, Autohome, Change Healthcare, Patheon, Restoration Hardware, Santander Consumer USA, and Taylor Morrison.
- Developed communications strategies for M&A events, including:
- Avolon/Bohai acquisition of CIT Group’s airline leasing business
- Zebra Technologies acquisition of Motorola Solutions for $3.45B
- ABM Industries acquisition of rival GCA for $1.25B
- Multiple acquisitions, divestitures and stock spin/split for Change Healthcare
CEO Brand Building
- Developed and executed high-profile media campaigns for CEOs and C-Suite executives resulting in high-visibility profiles, interviews and speaking roles at prominent business conferences.
- Delivered counsel on issues ranging from labor strikes, lawsuits, executive reputation issues, data breaches and product recalls.
Strategic Media Campaigns
- Created and deployed strategic media campaigns for numerous clients across industries and geographies, including Algenol, Alliance Data Systems, Allstate, Dassault Systèmes, Energy Recovery, Exelon Corporation, EXL Service, GW Pharmaceuticals, McLaren Applied, Medidata Solutions, Ooredoo, The Tata Group, Tata Sons and their North American businesses including, Jaguar Land Rover, TCS, Tata Chemicals, Tata Technologies, The Taj Boston, The Taj Campton Place in San Francisco and The Pierre in New York City.