Thomas J. DaviesPartner
He has extensive experience in M&A, activism defense, investor relations, litigation and regulatory support, and crisis communications.
Tom has advised companies and organizations on critical communications matters across all sectors for over 30 years. He has extensive experience in M&A; shareholder activism defense; investor relations; litigation and regulatory support; and crisis communications.
Prior to joining Kekst CNC, Tom was a Fulbright Scholar at the Universität Konstanz in Constance, Germany. He also attended the Universität Bonn in Bonn, Germany.
He earned a BA, two M.A.’s, and a Ph.D. from the University of Florida in Gainesville. He is fluent in German.
Recent and Notable Relevant Experience
- Cardinal Health’s acquisition of the Patient Recovery business from Medtronic, Baxalta versus Shire, Horizon Pharma versus Depomed, Jos. A. Bank versus Men’s Wearhouse, Gentiva Health Services versus Kindred Healthcare, Johnson & Johnson’s sale of Cordis, Siemens’ acquisition of Dresser-Rand, Charter Communications’ announced acquisition of Time Warner Cable, Endurance Specialty Holdings’ unsolicited bid for Aspen Holdings Limited, and Infineon’s acquisition of International Rectifier.
Shareholder Activism and Corporate Governance
- Represented numerous companies and supported communications activities around private and public engagement with activist hedge funds.
- Represented a large diversified chemicals company in a multidistrict ligation regarding alleged health from one of its products.
- Advised a global consumer products company in one of the largest employee discrimination litigation lawsuits and settlements.
- Represented a leading food & beverage company in DOJ and SEC investigations and shareholder litigation.
Crisis and Issues Management
- Coordinated and facilitated crisis training activities for a global industrial company, with custom designed simulations in the Americas, Asia and Europe.
- Worked with several public companies facing major cyber incidents.
- Represented an offshore drilling company regarding incidents in the North Sea and the Canary Islands.
- Represented several private organizations on matters of great sensitivity.
- Counseled the Board of Trustees of several major universities and educational institutions regarding misconduct of employees.