Wendi KopsickManaging Director
She advises clients with respect to corporate and financial public relations matters, as well as special situations – with significant experience in M&A, shareholder activism and corporate governance, and crisis communications.
Wendi has 25 years’ experience providing communications counsel to clients from global corporations to start-ups. She advises clients with respect to corporate and financial public relations matters, as well as special situations – with significant experience in M&A; shareholder activism and corporate governance; and crisis communications.
Her work spans a broad array of corporate positioning, financial communications and investor relations matters, as well as transactional, event-driven and crisis situations.
Wendi has developed deep experience across a wide variety of industries such as retailing, consumer products, real estate, healthcare and energy, including her work with many leading retail companies and global brands, as well as a decades-long relationship with one of the nation’s largest publicly traded Real Estate Investment Trusts. Wendi has significant expertise representing clients on specialized investor relations and media relations; shareholder activism and corporate governance; M&A; IPOs and spinoffs; litigation support; and bankruptcy and restructurings.
Wendi holds a BA in English, magna cum laude, from Yale University.
Recent and notable representative experience
Strategic Counsel and Financial Communications
- Represent Vornado Realty Trust on a wide range of corporate positioning, media relations and transactional matters.
- Counseled Alexion Pharmaceuticals on various communications and investor relations matters.
- Advised Ann Inc. on investor relations and media relations matters over a 10-year period; represented the company in its $2.2 billion sale to Ascena Retail Group.
- Counseled Tommy Hilfiger on a wide variety of investor relations, media relations and acquisition-related matters over 14 years.
- Represented CVS in its acquisition of multiple chain-drug competitors and provided strategic counsel on various investor relations matters over more than 15 years.
- Advised Fortune Brands and its subsidiaries on a wide range of matters, including the spinoffs of ACCO Brands and Fortune Brands Home & Security, multiple acquisitions and divestitures and the sale of Beam to Suntory Holdings in a $16 billion transaction.
- Worked with Guess?, Inc. on a range of investor relations and media relations matters.
- Assisted numerous companies in managing executive leadership transitions.
- Advising Avista Corporation in its sale to Hydro One Limited in a C$6.7 billion transaction.
- Advised Vornado in the spinoff of its Washington, DC business and the $8.4 billion merger of that business with the operating company and certain select assets of The JBG Companies.
- Counseled HSN, Inc. in its sale to QVC parent, Liberty Interactive Corporation.
- Represented Piedmont Natural Gas in its $6.7 billion sale to Duke Energy.
- Represented Lowe’s in its acquisitions of RONA, Maintenance Supply Headquarters and Orchard Supply Hardware assets.
- Advised Digital First Media in its sale of The Salt Lake Tribune.
- Counseled Warnaco Group in its sale to PVH in a $2.9 billion transaction.
- Represented Staples in its unsolicited offer for and successful acquisition of Dutch office equipment supplier Corporate Express.
Corporate Restructurings and Insolvency
- Provided communications counsel supporting the Chapter 11 restructurings of Winn-Dixie Stores, Pacific Gas & Electric Company, Blockbuster, Borders, Spectrum Brands, Masonite, Atrium, and Minneapolis Star-Tribune, among others.
- Advised on Eddie Bauer's Chapter 11 filing and Section 363 sale to Golden Gate Capital.
- Worked with RPM International on the Chapter 11 reorganization of its Specialty Products Holding Corp. (SPHC) subsidiary and successful resolution of its asbestos personal injury claims.