She advises clients with respect to corporate and financial public relations matters, as well as special situations – with significant experience in M&A; bankruptcy and restructurings; crisis communications; and shareholder activism and corporate governance.
Wendi has 25 years’ experience providing communications counsel to clients from global corporations to start-ups. She advises clients with respect to corporate and financial public relations matters, as well as special situations – with significant experience in M&A; bankruptcy and restructurings; crisis communications; and shareholder activism and corporate governance.
Her work spans a broad array of corporate positioning, financial communications and investor relations matters, as well as transactional, event-driven and crisis situations.
Wendi has developed deep experience across a wide variety of industries such as retailing, consumer products, real estate, healthcare and energy, including her work with many leading retail companies and global brands, as well as a decades-long relationship with one of the nation’s largest publicly traded Real Estate Investment Trusts. Wendi has significant expertise representing clients on specialized investor relations and media relations; M&A; IPOs and spinoffs; litigation support; bankruptcy and restructurings; and shareholder activism and corporate governance.
Wendi holds a BA in English, magna cum laude, from Yale University.
Recent and notable representative experience
Strategic Counsel and Financial Communications
Representative client advisory work includes:
- Vornado Realty Trust on a wide range of corporate positioning, media relations and transactional matters.
- Cardinal Health on various strategic communications and investor relations matters.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals on strategic communications and investor relations matters.
- Ann Inc. on investor relations and media relations matters over 10 years; represented company in its $2.2 billion sale to Ascena Retail Group.
- Tommy Hilfiger on a wide variety of investor relations, media relations and transactional matters over 14 years.
- CVS in multiple acquisitions and on various strategic communications and investor relations mandates over more than 15 years.
- Fortune Brands and its subsidiaries on a wide range of matters, including the spinoffs of ACCO Brands and Fortune Brands Home & Security, multiple acquisitions and divestitures and the sale of Beam to Suntory Holdings in a $16 billion transaction.
- Numerous companies in managing executive leadership transitions.
Corporate Restructurings and Insolvency
- Hertz Global Holdings on its successful Chapter 11 restructuring and emergence from bankruptcy.
- L’Occitane, Inc. on its successful Chapter 11 U.S. lease portfolio restructuring and emergence from bankruptcy.
- Century 21 on its Chapter 11 filing.
- CraftWorks Holdings on its Chapter 11 filing.
- One Call Corporation on its comprehensive out-of-court financial restructuring.
- Ascena Retail Group on the wind-down of its dressbarn business.
- Chapter 11 restructurings of Winn-Dixie Stores, Pacific Gas & Electric Company, Blockbuster, Borders, Spectrum Brands, Masonite, Atrium, and Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
- Eddie Bauer's Chapter 11 filing and Section 363 sale to Golden Gate Capital.
- RPM International’s Chapter 11 reorganization of its Specialty Products Holding Corp. (SPHC) subsidiary and successful resolution of its asbestos personal injury claims.
- ServiceMaster Global Holdings on the $1.5 billion sale of its ServiceMaster Brands businesses.
- Legg Mason on its $6.5 billion sale to Franklin Templeton.
- Residential Mortgage Services Holdings, Inc. on its sale to Guild Holdings Company.
- Avista Corporation in its proposed C$6.7 billion sale to Hydro One Limited.
- Vornado in the spinoff of its Washington, DC business and the $8.4 billion merger of that business with the operating company and certain select assets of The JBG Companies.
- HSN, Inc. in its sale to QVC parent, Liberty Interactive Corporation.
- Piedmont Natural Gas in its $6.7 billion sale to Duke Energy.
- Lowe’s in its acquisitions of RONA, Maintenance Supply Headquarters and Orchard Supply Hardware assets.
- Digital First Media in its sale of The Salt Lake Tribune.
- Warnaco Group in its sale to PVH in a $2.9 billion transaction.
- Staples in its unsolicited offer for and successful acquisition of Dutch office equipment supplier Corporate Express.